Saturday, December 28, 2013

Home for Christmas

So I came home for a couple days for Christmas to visit family. Its been about 7 months since I have been to Lake Erie, (even though they live literally a 5 minute drive away from the lake).

I forgot what it felt like to stand on the edge of the water, to look out across and feel like it goes on forever, the wind hitting my face, and closing my eyes and just listening to the waves crash on the shore.

I think it restored something deep inside me. It felt exactly like home. I think I found my home (besides the one I am building with my soon to be husband). But as an artist, as someone that creates, the lake has always been the constant. It is a place that all my worries leave, I feel lighter, I feel happier.

I hope that one day I will be able to move back or move to a place that is by water.

Forever my inspiration.

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment