Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fun in the studio

Well first off I want to say that this first painting is something that I have been working on in the past couple years. new painting, but same idea, forming landscapes from imagination, and before I was working on small pieces of paper not caring about going "big".  (kinda pissed me off people telling me to do things that I didn't want to do at the time, eventually I got over the fear of "going big"...obviously.)

Soooo I decided since I don't have much to do lately, and that this stretcher is a bit too big for the gallery that I am showing at right now, that I would try and see what would happen. WELLLL..... its obviously everything that it SHOULD have been when I was perviously making those pieces. 

I was thinking I am kind of grateful that I didn't do this before and that it gave me something to discover on my own, in my own time. Plus I think this will impact my actual studio practice in a way. More ideas how to layer colors and quiet possibly filling the whole canvas instead of just half. 

But that will come in due time... (when I get more canvas ;) )



In other news, working on a commission for someone I work with. This is on paper and using watercolors. I am kind of digging it. Hope she does too. but well see where this goes. :)



Just wanted to give you all an update. 

Having fun in the studio tonight. 

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment